Welcome to the Bear Stearns Securities Litigation Settlements Website
The Bear Stearns Securities Litigation is a class action lawsuit alleging that the Bear Stearns Defendants and Deloitte & Touche LLP violated certain of the federal securities laws. In this action, the Court appointed The State of Michigan Retirement Systems to serve as "Lead Plaintiff", and appointed the law firms of Berman DeValerio and Labaton Sucharow LLP to represent the putative class.
The proposed Settlements resulted in a combined settlement fund of $294.9 million, plus interest, if any. The Bear Stearns Settlement created a settlement fund of $275 million in cash, plus interest, if any. The Deloitte Settlement created a settlement fund of $19.9 million in cash, plus interest, if any.
Please be advised that your rights may be affected by this class action lawsuit if you purchased or acquired the below publicly traded equity securities or options of The Bear Stearns Companies Inc. or were an employee who received vested stock units during the period from December 14, 2006 to and through March 14, 2008, inclusive, and were damaged thereby.
- Bear Stearns Common Stock (CUSIP 073902108);
- Bear Stearns Options;
- Bear Stearns Series E Preferred Stock (CUSIP 073902702);
- Bear Stearns Series F Preferred Stock (CUSIP 073902876);
- Bear Stearns Series G Preferred Stock (CUSIP 073902868);
- Bear Stearns CAP Units and/or Restricted Stock Units.
Please be sure to read the Notice to fully understand your rights.
- The Exclusion Filing Deadline was August 29, 2012
- The Objection Filing Deadline was August 29, 2012
- The Settlement Hearing was held on September 19, 2012 at 12:00 p.m.
- The Claim Filing Deadline was October 25, 2012